Featuring: Kohler Grab Bar
Aging in Place is a term used to describe the desire to live in your home as you age rather than transitioning into a health care facility or nursing home. If this is your goal, there are many steps you can take now to make sure your home will accommodate your needs for years to come. Here are just a few ideas.
- Taller toilets – makes it easier to get on and off as you age
- Backing for grab bars in showers, and near toilets. You can put the backing in now and then add the grab bars as needed later.
- Hand held adjustable shower heads
- Rocker or touch light switches
- Switches and thermostat located at 48” (accessible if in a wheel chair)
- Built in or fold down shower seats
- Non Slip floor tile in bathrooms, showers and entry way
- Doors with a 32” minimum clearance
- Keyless entry at the front door – entering a code rather than having to use a key to open doors
- Lights in closets and showers (we need increased lighting as we age)
- Side by Side Refrigerator (easier to open if in a wheel chair)
- Countertop height microwave oven
Contact us for more information.